CPF was established in 1971 as APA California’s nonprofit foundation. If you are a member of APA California, you are already a member of CPF. Relying on your donations and fund-raising activities like the auction, CPF annually awards approximately $50,000 in student scholarships and memberships in APA.
We hope you will join us for the 2017 CPF Virginia Viado and Ted Holzem Auction during the APA-California Conference as CPF works to raise funds to support 2018-2019 scholarships for planning students in California. The silent and live auctions will both take place on Monday, September 25th, and we hope you will join us again this year! The silent auction will run 2:45pm-5:30pm, and the live auction will run 6pm-7:30pm.
We will be raising funds to support 2018-2019 scholarships for planning students throughout California. This year’s goal is to raise enough funds to complete both a Virginia Viado scholarship endowment fund and a Ted Holzen scholarship endowment fund. Please help us honor two dedicated planners we lost too soon, while raising funds to support planning students in California.
Donations Still Needed for the 2017 Auction!
The 2017 CPF Auction is just a week away! Please consider donating to, volunteering for, or participating in this year’s silent auction, live auction or raffle. These fundraisers will all take place at the APA California Conference in Sacramento September 23-26, 2017. The live auction will take place the evening of Monday, September 25th.
In addition to donating planning related items like old maps and books, crowd-pleasers include: bottles of wine, tickets to interesting events, bed and breakfast accommodations/weekend get-aways, gift certificates to restaurants and book stores. Art is always popular. Artists and photographers, strut your stuff and help CPF by donating your art.
To donate an item, volunteer, or with any questions, contact Auction Co-Chair Alison Spindler at email@example.com.
Sponsors and Donors get recognized at the Conference and in follow-up articles and publications regarding the CPF Auction. Thank you for your generosity in supporting scholarships for Planning students in California!
What Will be Auctioned Off This Year?!
Below are a few highlights of auction items this year, and photos to some of the art and home decor items are linked. Note this is not a complete list.
- Vacation Getaways include:
- 1 week in Lake Arrowhead!
- 1 Week Stay in Kauai (NOTE- this is only available November-December 2017 so we hope there will be a donor for whom this timing will work out)
- Lake Tahoe Winter Or Spring Escape! Four (4) Nights @ Village Of Northstar
- One-night stay at Hotel Indigo, one of downtown LA’s new boutique hotels, with dinner for two at a downtown restaurant
- Planners will appreciate these!
- Teddy Holzem’s Home-Brewed Beer (Six bottles of sour beer brewed by Teddy Holzem.)
- 2018 APA-CA Conference registration, hotel, restaurant gift certificate and museum tickets
- Frank Lloyd Wright Designed Floating Wall-Mounted Shelf for the V.C. Morris Gift Shop
- 2003 laminated CPF posters ““Taking A Leadership Role On Tough Issues” and Thinking Global Planning Local”
- Various planning books, including two autographed books by Paul Zucker, AICP
- Art & Home Décor
- 9/11 World Trade Center artist-signed “Dan Tolkoff” glazed ceramic art vase
- “For Rent” Original oil painting by R. Willson
- Antique Brilliant Era Clear Cut Lead Crystal Pitcher w/ Daisy Motif
- Antique Czech Cut Lead Crystal Bowl with Floral Motif
- Marc Yeber/CONT-X Studio desgined Orange Acrylic Vase and Burnt Orange Acrylic Bowl
- Many other art and home décor pieces! See photos here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5BH3RQJf1kXN3pMRGotUVdzWXp3SDRvRFRzcXFGMHRfSHFN/view?usp=sharing
- Gift Certificates, Experiences and More:
- Thomas Fallon Photography gift certificate
- Fog Mountain Candy Gift Boxes (Ten pounds of handmade gourmet candy prepared by Jim Harnish and his son Eric)
- Solano Press gift certificate
- Sea Glass Photography gift certificate
- Delicious wine from a variety of vineyards and donors, including a Brosseau Vineyards Wine Basket, 2012 Cinquain Cellars Reserve wine, 2013 Anaba Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast wine, and an assortment of other whites and reds.
Thanks as always for your support of planning students in California—we look forward to seeing you in a few short days!
2016 Auction Supporters– Thank You!
The 2016 CPF Virginia Viado and Ted Holzem Auction took place on Sunday, October 23, at the APA California Annual Conference in Pasadena, CA. Thanks to the generosity of our California planning community and supporters, over $30,000 was raised for planning student scholarships at this year’s auction! Thanks to all the volunteers, donors and sponsors who made the 2016 auction a huge success.
Corporate/Organizational Donors Included:
APA CA San Diego Section
APA Northern Section/San Jose State University Urban & Regional Planning Alumni Association
City of Irvine
City of Ventura
Michael Baker International
Solano Press Books
Taecker Planning & Design
Individual Donors Included:
Carol D. Barrett
Dorothy J. Holzem
Dr. Don Bradley
Mr. Jerry TAO
Pete Parkinson, AICP
Richard W. Willson
The Family of Margarita P. McCoy