About CPF Scholarships
The California Planning Foundation (CPF) is pleased to announce its 2019 scholarship program for outstanding planning students enrolled at eligible professional planning degree programs in the state of California. Scholarships are awarded to students seeking to enter the planning profession based on an application and selection process.
These scholarships are designed for continuing students entering their final year of an eligible undergraduate or graduate degree program. Criteria for the scholarships include academic performance, financial need, increasing diversity in the planning profession, and a commitment to serve the planning profession in California after graduation. A list of eligible degree programs can be found below.
The deadline to apply for 2019 CPF Scholarships is Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Application Guidelines (.pdf) — please read carefully as this document provides an overview of the 2019 CPF scholarship program, information about how to apply, and details about available scholarship and eligible programs.
- Budget Template (.xls) — applicants must use this template to prepare their budget.
- Online Application — the 2019 scholarship application is online through Google Forms. You will need to sign into your Google Account to complete the application. Please read more about this process in the Application Guidelines.
Eligible Degree Programs:
Only students entering into their final year at one of the following programs is eligible for a CPF scholarship:
- Cal Poly Pomona – BS, Urban and Regional Planning**
- Cal Poly Pomona – Master of Urban & Regional Planning**
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – BS, City and Regional Planning**
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo – Master of City & Regional Planning**
- CSU Channel Islands – BS, Environmental Science and Resources Management
- CSU Chico – BA, Geography, Option in Human Geography and Planning; BA, Geography, Option in Physical and Environmental Geography; BS, Environmental Science
- CSU Chico – MS, Environmental Science
- CSU Fresno – BS, City & Regional Planning
- CSU Fullerton – MA, Geography; Master of Public Administration
- CSU Monterey Bay – BA, Environmental Studies, Concentrations in Science for Sustainable Communities and Environmental Education
- CSU Northridge – BA, Urban Studies & Planning
- CSU Northridge – MA, Urban Planning
- CSU San Bernardino – BA, Geography & Environmental Studies
- Humboldt State University – BS, Environmental Management & Protection, Environmental Planning, Environmental Planning Option
- Sacramento State University – BA, Geography, Concentration in Metropolitan Area Planning; BA, Geography, Concentration in Human Geography; BA, Geography, Concentration in Geographic Information Systems and Analysis; BA/BS, Environmental Studies
- Sacramento State University – MS, Urban Land Development; Master of Public Policy and Administration
- San Diego State University – Master of City Planning
- San Diego State University – BA, Urban Studies
- San Francisco State University – BA, Urban Studies and Planning
- San Francisco State University – MA, Geography, Concentration in Resources Management and Environmental Planning
- San José State University – Master of Urban Planning**
- Soka University – BA/BS, Environmental Studies
- Sonoma State University – BA/BS – Planning Concentration, Geography, Environment, and Planning
- Stanford University – BA, Urban Studies
- UC Berkeley – Master of City Planning**
- UC Davis – BA, Community and Regional Development; BA, Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning; Environmental Science and Management; BS, Landscape Architecture; BS, Sustainable Environmental Design
- UC Davis – MS, Community Development; MS, Environmental Policy and Management; MA, Geography; MS, Transportation Technology and Policy
- UC Irvine – BA, Urban Studies
- UC Irvine – Master of Urban & Regional Planning **
- UC Los Angeles – Master of Urban & Regional Planning **
- UC Riverside – BA/BS, Environmental Studies
- UC Riverside – MPP, Public Policy
- UC Santa Barbara – BA/BS, Environmental Studies
- UC Santa Barbara – MESM, Bren School
- UC San Diego – BA, Urban Studies and Planning
- University of Southern California – BS, Urban Studies and Planning
- University of Southern California – MPL**
** Programs listed with asterisks are PAB-accredited planning programs. Some scholarships are limited to only students from those programs.