CPF is asking our donors and supporters for any help with ensuring we can support student scholarships this year and into the future. In 2021, CPF awarded $72,000 worth of scholarships to 40 recipients.
To continue to provide impactful scholarships to deserving planning students statewide, we set the ambitious goal of raising $60,000 in 2021 – and we met it! Because of incredible supporters like you, we met our goal and will continue to provide meaningful scholarships to recipients in the 2022 – 2023 academic year.
Our fundraising never stops! Please see below and help CPF raise this year in support of student scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The following are ways to donate to CPF:
If you want to send money directly to CPF, please mail a check made out to “California Planning Foundation” to:
Lisa Wise, AICP
Direct Donations via Paypal
For additional information on these scholarships, see below:
Make a General Donation to CPF
We welcome any and all support for student scholarships at the following levels::
- Endowed Scholarship Creator: $20,000 minimum (this is intended to create sustainable income sources for existing scholarships)
- Sustaining Level Sponsor: $5,000 minimum (donation is awarded over the next 5-years)
- Platinum Level Sponsor: $2,000 minimum
- Gold Level Sponsor: $1,000 minimum
- Silver Level Sponsor: $500-$999
- Friend of CPF: $300 – $499
- CPF Supporter: Up to $299 (no donation is too small, or too large!)
CPF Diversity Scholarship
CPF has created a second Diversity Scholarship to enhance our ongoing efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in the planning profession. This scholarship focuses on the next generation of underrepresented planners to reach their potential through higher education and keeps with the APA’s Diversity and Inclusion Vision, Mission and Strategy and AICP’s Code of Ethics. The criteria for qualification for this scholarship includes:
- Minority race
- Minority ethnicity
- Sexual orientation
- Tribal affiliation
- First in family to attend college (first-generation student)
- And like all CPF scholarships, financial need and academic excellence.